Statistics for Sustainable Development
Improving research designs, data efficiency and information for decision-making
Stats4SD Working from Home
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all of our staff members are currently working from home. For some of us that's a new and daunting experience; for some it's not much of a change. Watch the video below to hear about our lockdown experiences from around the globe - from Reading and London to Finland and Tanzania.
Who We Are
Statistics for Sustainable Development (Stats4SD) is a not-for-profit, social enterprise established in May 2016. We promote better use of statistical methods for decision-making to benefit society and the environment. To achieve this, we advise on:
- The use of statistical tools in the real world
- Data engineering, analysis and associated information technology
- Effective and efficient use of research methods
- Generation of information products derived from data in the form of resources (hyperlink to our resources page)
- Statistical support for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of development interventions
Not For Profit
We work with partners throughout the world, supporting sustainable development processes. Much of our work takes place in developing countries, however, our areas of work are not determined by geography but by the contribution we can make. We charge for these services to cover our costs, but we do not make a profit. Any surpluses from our operations are invested in promoting better use of statistics, capacity building and annual donations to local and international charities
We maintain an ever-growing bank of the resources we develop, including workshop activities, e-learning courses, videos and recordings of webinars.
These learning materials are freely available from our resources page