Stats4SD is hiring! We have 1 opportunity available at the moment. Please see below for description and information on how to apply.
What you will do as a Statistics Intern
You will support the work of our statisticians and data engineers at based at our offices in Reading. You will be given training relevant to the projects you get involved with; you will learn to plan, conduct and write up statistical data analysis to provide information that contributes to good decision making in an international development context. To do so you will learn how to manage data and how to write code for data analysis. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn from and with our team.
This is what we offer you
- A challenging Statistics Internship for one year.
- Depending on your interest and your performance during the internship, after one year you may be offered a promotion and the option to continue working at Stats4SD.
- During the internship you will receive a salary of between 18,000 and £23,000 per year depending on your qualifications and what you can bring to the team.
- 26 days of paid holiday per year plus UK bank holidays.
- A friendly and flexible work environment.
What do you need to apply for the internship?
- A BSc (2:1 or equivalent) or MSc in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or related discipline.
- An understanding of basic statistical concepts (e.g. regression methods, sampling).
- Be excited at the opportunity of providing a varied range of statistical support to researchers working across a broad range of disciplines to clients based around the world.
- Be able to learn about new statistical tools and methods through on-the-job learning and with support from colleagues.
- Awareness of at least one statistical package or programming language.
- Willingness to travel to developing countries.
How to apply
Send a copy of your CV at email@example.com. Please include a letter (1200 words maximum) telling us why you would like to join our team and how you think you can contribute to our work.
Deadline for applications: 16 July 2018 09:00 GMT.
Interviews are likely to take place in the week of 23 July 2018.